“Joy to the world the Lord has come!
Let earth receive her King!”
When Isaac Watts wrote the now-famous Christmas carol, it was initially published in a book of poems based on Psalm 98. The last half of his poem was put to music, and now 300+ years later, we still sing Joy to the World as a reminder of the greatest gift we have ever received.
Here are just a few reasons why we should celebrate with joy today.
- He comes to make blessings flow
- He rules the world with truth and grace
- The wonders of His love
- Our Savior reigns
- Every heart prepares Him room
- No more let sins and sorrows grow
- The answer to the curse is found
- Heaven and Nature sing
- Repeat the sounding joy!
As you celebrate Christmas with your family, we pray that you respond to God’s grace and mercy with joy.