Take your Bible study to the next level with Precept’s Training Workshops. Enhance your personal Bible study in our Skills Workshops. Or take Leader Workshops and develop your ability to lead others through Inductive Bible Study. Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) Continuing Education Units are available with some workshops. Click on your province below to find a training event near you. If there isn’t one available, consider hosting a workshop in your church or community!
Our one-day topical conferences allow you to hear sound biblical teaching and learn basic Bible study skills at the same time. Conferences are held at various times throughout the year for men, women, and students.
One Hour Workshops
A Taste of Inductive Bible Study
This is a free, 1 hour workshop that is simple and life-changing. Participants will learn the rhythms and methods of Inductive Bible Study as we study Joshua chapter 1 together. Participants will receive a Taste of Inductive Bible Study as they observe, interpret, and apply the text.
3 Hour Workshops
Essentials of Inductive Bible Study
This is a free, 3-hour workshop that introduces you to the most essential skills for Inductive Bible Study so you can personally interact with God’s Word, understand its meaning and apply it to your life.
- Learning the essentials
- Practicing Observation skills
- Getting the benefits: Learn how these essential skills will lead you to a greater understanding of the Bible
- Great refresher course for any Precept Leader or student
Teach Me to Study the Bible
Do you long for a greater, more personal understanding of God and His Word? A way to study the Bible that will transform the way you think and live? With inductive study, God Himself becomes your teacher as you learn how to “hang on His every word” and discover truth for yourself. It’s live-changing!
Through the 3-hour training, you will learn:
- to study the Bible book by book and understand what you are reading
- recognize key words and concepts
- discover the main point of any Scripture passage
- discern God’s purpose for you
- apply His principles to every facet of your life
Discipleship Training Workshops
The Precept Discipleship Training Workshops are 3-hour workshops designed to identify and equip existing and future Bible Study Leaders who will disciple others in Inductive Bible Study in the church, home, or workplace, in a group or one-on-one.
Even if you have had no experience leading a class, or discipling one-on-one, or if you’re new to the Inductive Study Method, this workshop is suitable for you to learn this proven method by using the 40-Minute Bible Studies.
By the end of this workshop, you will feel renewed, trained, and ready to join a group or begin making disciples using an Inductive Bible Study with confidence!
1 Day Workshops
Teaching Inductive Bible Study to Kids
This workshop will prepare the Leaders to teach 8 to 12-year old kids the basic skills of Inductive Bible study using Discover 4 Yourself Inductive Bible Studies for Kids!
- Teach kids to observe, interpret, and apply God’s Word by marking key words, asking the 5 Ws and an H, and making a list.
- Get equipped with other practical ideas like playing games and doing a special projects as well as how to use these studies in a group setting or during a child’s quiet time.
*Please note this workshop will only be available at the Precept Training Centre in Brantford, ON.
How to Do a Precept Upon Precept Lesson
An introductory workshop for those who have never done a Precept Upon Precept course and simply want to know how to do a Precept Upon Precept course.
This workshop uses Lesson 1 from Genesis Part 3 workbook, “Becoming a Friend of the Faithful God: A Study on Abraham.” Students receive all their materials at the workshop. This workshop does not certify Precept Upon Precept Leadership.
How to Study Old Testament History and Prophecy
In this workshop the student will learn to apply inductive Bible study principles and method from selected Old Testament History passages and Amos’ book of prophecy. The student will acquire skills to put the Old Testament into historical perspective. The benefit they’ll receive will be in knowing how to study the Bible so it unfolds chronologically the way God wrote it. The student will understand how the Old Testament history and prophecy books lay the foundation for knowing God while letters of the New Testament tell the church how to live because of knowing God. This workshop does not certify Precept Upon Precept Leadership.
- Learn observation, interpretation, and application skills for Old Testament history.
- Learn how to apply these skills to make proper application to your life.
- Study selected passages from Old Testament history books.
- Apply inductive study skills to Old Testament prophecy using the book of Amos.
- Learn to properly interpret Old Testament prophecy books in their historical setting.
- Understand more about who God is and how He works.
How to Study New Testament Letters
This workshop deals with how to do an overview of a New Testament epistle using Precept’s Inductive Study Method. The student will gain application insight by studying the book of Titus collectively. It’s also for Precept students who want to understand why and when to use specific study skills (how to do markings, overview a chapter of a book, use a concordance, etc.)
This workshop does not certify Precept Upon Precept Leadership.
2 Day Workshops
Planning and Leading Precept Upon Precept Discussions
*This workshop is for existing Precept Upon Precept Leaders Only.
The Training Workshop participant will:
- Learn to effectively use the Leader Guides to plan fruitful discussions
- Study and discuss:
- Old Testament history lesson from 1 Samuel
- Old Testament prophecy lesson from Daniel
- New Testament overview lesson from 2 Thessalonians
- New Testament topical lesson from Philippians
- Learn leadership skills:
- to help your students discover Truth for themselves
- to help your students apply truths from each lesson
- to explain to your students how to complete a lesson
How to Study the Old Testament and New Testament
This workshop combines the 1-day How to Study Old Testament History and Prophecy and the 1-day How to Study New Testament Letters in a 2-day format.
Find A Workshop Near You
Take your Bible study to the next level with Precept’s Training Workshops.
Host a Workshop
Bring the transforming power of God’s Word to your area by hosting a Workshop
How To Get Training in 5 Easy Steps
- Pray! Ask God to show you what training would be best for your church & community. Ask Him to reveal the needs of your training to your church leadership team.
- Speak with your willingness to host.
- Contact the Precept Ministries training department (firstname.lastname@example.org) or your local trainer* with possible dates.
- Complete Workshop Commitment Forms
- Keep praying and begin promoting the training in your church and community.
*To find a trainer near you, please contact our training department at email@example.com.
Our Mission: To engage people in relationship with God through knowing His word.
Our Vision: Every believer in Christ living out God’s word every day.
Address: 61 Sherwood Drive, Brantford ON, N3T 1N3