Take your Bible study to the next level with Precept’s Training Workshops. Enhance your personal Bible study in our Skills Workshops. Or take Leader Workshops and develop your ability to lead others through Inductive Bible Study. Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) Continuing Education Units are available with some workshops. Click on your province below to find a training event near you. If there isn’t one available, consider hosting a workshop in your church or community!
Our one-day topical conferences allow you to hear sound biblical teaching and learn basic Bible study skills at the same time. Conferences are held at various times throughout the year for men, women, and students.
A Taste of Inductive Bible Study
This is a free, 1 hour workshop that is simple and life-changing. Participants will learn the rhythms and methods of Inductive Bible Study as we study Joshua chapter 1 together. Participants will receive a Taste of Inductive Bible Study as they observe, interpret, and apply the text.
Essentials of Inductive Bible Study
This is a free, 3-hour workshop that introduces you to the most essential skills for Inductive Bible Study so you can personally interact with God’s Word, understand its meaning and apply it to your life.
- Learning the essentials
- Practicing Observation skills
- Getting the benefits: Learn how these essential skills will lead you to a greater understanding of the Bible
- Great refresher course for any Precept Leader or student
Teach Me to Study the Bible
Do you long for a greater, more personal understanding of God and His Word? A way to study the Bible that will transform the way you think and live? With inductive study, God Himself becomes your teacher as you learn how to “hang on His every word” and discover truth for yourself. It’s live-changing!
Through the 3-hour training, you will learn:
- to study the Bible book by book and understand what you are reading
- recognize key words and concepts
- discover the main point of any Scripture passage
- discern God’s purpose for you
- apply His principles to every facet of your life
How to Study Old Testament History and Prophecy
In this workshop the student will learn to apply inductive Bible study principles and method from selected Old Testament History passages and Amos’ book of prophecy. The student will acquire skills to put the Old Testament into historical perspective. The benefit they’ll receive will be in knowing how to study the Bible so it unfolds chronologically the way God wrote it. The student will understand how the Old Testament history and prophecy books lay the foundation for knowing God while letters of the New Testament tell the church how to live because of knowing God. This workshop does not certify Precept Upon Precept Leadership
- Learn observation, interpretation, and application skills for Old Testament history.
- Learn how to apply these skills to make proper application to your life.
- Study selected passages from Old Testament history books.
- Apply inductive study skills to Old Testament prophecy using the book of Amos.
- Learn to properly interpret Old Testament prophecy books in their historical setting.
- Understand more about who God is and how He works.
How to Study New Testament Letters
This workshop deals with how to do an overview of a New Testament epistle using Precept’s Inductive Study Method. The student will gain application insight by studying the book of Titus collectively. It’s also for Precept students who want to understand why and when to use specific study skills (how to do markings, overview a chapter of a book, use a concordance, etc.)
This workshop does not certify Precept Upon Precept Leadership.
How to Study the Old Testament and New Testament
This workshop combines the 1-day How to Study Old Testament History and Prophecy and the 1-day How to Study New Testament Letters in a 2-day format.
Understanding Difficult Passages
Don’t let difficult passages derail you. Learn principles of interpretation that will help you understand the passage so that you can live in light of what God is telling you in His Word.
- This workshop focuses on principles of interpretation
- Discuss an overview of John’s gospel, observing the repetition in the whole book.
- Understand the meaning of John 15:1-6
- Evaluate the doctrines of Eternal security and Fruit in believers’ lives
- Practice steps for accurately handling a difficult passage using a text in 2 Peter.
Students must complete a pre-workshop assignment (sent to registrants prior to workshop).
Prerequisite: Students must have completed two or more Precept Upon Precept courses or one of the following workshops:
- How to Study Old Testament History & Prophecy
- How to Study New Testament Letters
- How to Lead Precept Upon Precept®
Study programs enrich your understanding of God’s Word and deepen your walk with Him. Whether you are unfamiliar or experienced with the Inductive Bible Study method, the experience of the Precept Study Program is one not to be missed.
Each morning you will be part of a dynamic group with an experienced Precept trainer discussing what you’ve studied and learned in your self-study time.
Discipleship Training Workshops
The Precept Discipleship Training Workshops are 3-hour workshops designed to identify and equip existing and future Bible Study Leaders who will disciple others in Inductive Bible Study in the church, home, or workplace, in a group or one-on-one.
Even if you have had no experience leading a class, or discipling one-on-one, or if you’re new to the Inductive Study Method, this workshop is suitable for you to learn this proven method by using the 40-Minute Bible Studies.
By the end of this workshop, you will feel renewed, trained, and ready to join a group or begin making disciples using an Inductive Bible Study with confidence!
Teaching Inductive Bible Study to Kids
This workshop will prepare the Leaders to teach 8 to 12-year old kids the basic skills of Inductive Bible study using Discover 4 Yourself Inductive Bible Studies for Kids!
- Teach kids to observe, interpret, and apply God’s Word by marking key words, asking the 5 Ws and an H, and making a list.
- Get equipped with other practical ideas like playing games and doing a special projects as well as how to use these studies in a group setting or during a child’s quiet time. *Please note this workshop will only be available at the Precept Training Centre in Brantford, ON.
Planning and Leading Precept Upon Precept Discussions
*This workshop is for existing Precept Upon Precept Leaders Only.
The Training Workshop participant will:
- Learn to effectively use the Leader Guides to plan fruitful discussions
- Study and discuss:
- Old Testament history lesson from 1 Samuel
- Old Testament prophecy lesson from Daniel
- New Testament overview lesson from 2 Thessalonians
- New Testament topical lesson from Philippians
- Learn leadership skills:
- to help your students discover Truth for themselves
- to help your students apply truths from each lesson
- to explain to your students how to complete a lesson
How to Lead Precept Upon Precept
Do you want to learn how to lead effective Bible study discussions?
Has the Lord given you a speaking gift?
Do you have a desire to make disciples using the powerful tool of Precept’s inductive Bible study method?
Through this workshop, you can be trained to lead Precept Upon Precept (PUP).
- You will participate in class discussion led by an experienced trainer.
- You will be trained to lead effective PUP discussions.
- You will have the opportunity to lead a PUP discussion.
- You will be prepared to lead your first PUP discussion group.
Participants must come prepared with an entire Precept Upon Precept course completed. (Precept Upon Precept workbook will be sent to you at time of registration). Space is limited during these training sessions in order to accommodate effective coaching, so please register early to guarantee your spot.
Pre-requisite: Participants must have completed at least 1 1-day skills workshop (How to Study New Testament Letters or How to Study Old Testament History & Prophecy) prior to attending this workshop. Participants must also have participated in at least one full weekly Precept Inductive Bible Study class.
Precept Upon Precept Refresher
This workshop is for those who desire to gain a deeper understanding of how to lead effective class discussions both with and without the aid of the Leader Guide.
Using the Precept Upon Precept Study of Ezra & Haggai you will learn:
- Effective discussion preparation with and without the aid of the leader guide
- How to plan fruitful and effective class discussions for maximum student participation and application
- Learn strategies for dealing with various situations that come up in class (difficult questions, etc.)
Prerequisite: Students must have led at least one Precept Upon Precept course in a class discussion setting. Students must complete the Ezra & Haggai Precept Upon Precept study prior to the workshop. This course will require approximately 25 hours of preparation.
Try a Training Workshop
Take your Bible study to the next level with Precept’s Skills and Leadership Workshops.
Host a Local Workshop
Bring the transforming power of learning to study God’s Word to your area by hosting a Workshop.
How To Get Training in 5 Easy Steps
- Pray! Ask God to show you what training would be best for your church & community. Ask Him to reveal the needs of your training to your church leadership team.
- Speak with your willingness to host.
- Contact the Precept Ministries training department (firstname.lastname@example.org) or your local trainer* with possible dates.
- Complete Workshop Commitment Forms
- Keep praying and begin promoting the training in your church and community.
*To find a trainer near you, please contact our training department at email@example.com.