Precept Ministries Canada (“Precept” or “We”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit Precept’s online properties, including websites, social networking platforms, blogs, mobile applications and/or through direct interaction with Precept and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you, Precept and its third party affiliates.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- In other direct communications with Precept, including but not limited to donating or attending a live event.(collectively “the Website”).
It does not apply to information collected by:
Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Precept’s website, mobile application or social networking sites
Children Under the Age of 13/18
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website or through other means. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We request that minors who are less than 18 years old, receive parental permission prior to sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet, and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe Internet use practices.
Information We Collect about You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, profile picture, group listings and location data and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website, social networking sites or mobile applications and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the sites or applications. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of creating an account to use the Website, subscribing to our online community, posting material, attending an event or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you make a donation and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our website.
- Your search queries.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (“posted“) on public areas of the website, social networking sites, mobile applications or transmitted to other users or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your activity, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services behavioral tracking. This site does not respond to “Do Not Track” web browser signals.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our web based applications according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Precept, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics, for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity.
- Other Tracking Methods and Tools. These may include Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, Marketing Cloud, and the like.
We do not collect personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to contact you for the following reasons:
- To inform you about your group(s).
- To provide you with opportunities to purchase product(s), register for event(s), and/or make donation(s).
- To present our website, social networking platforms, mobile applications and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account and subscriptions, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any of our products or services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties, including without limitation third-party websites that may capture and store your profile picture, we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Precept’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Precept about its users and donors is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To present our website, social networking platforms, mobile applications and their contents to you.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Precepts, our users, donors or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may click “unsubscribe” and follow the directions for opting out of further correspondence.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information.
Your California Privacy Rights.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas like message boards or social media posts because the information you share in some public areas may be viewed by any user of the platform.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.